This is a rare opportunity to be part of bringing an exciting new product to market.
We are looking for a sales manager to build up distribution of Eyejusters in Retail, starting in the UK and with the aim to grow all over Europe.
We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in launching new products/brands or developing new markets.
The sales manager will be responsible for finding new sales opportunities and developing these relationships further. You will be the first point of contact for most wholesale accounts. Potential customers include catalogues, department stores, airports, opticians, gift shops; covering both online and high street retailers.
The work will include the varying requirements of a small team, e.g. coordinating with logistics/production, supporting marketing events, contributing to company development.
Your client base and responsibilities within the team will depend on your specific knowledge and experience. The role is likely to develop into a team manager role, as the organisation grows. Part time or flexible working hours can be discussed.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Grow new business by acquiring new customers
· Build lasting commercial relationships with large and small wholesale accounts
· Develop accounts to obtain new orders and increase their sales
· Contribute to development of the right positioning and proposition for Eyejusters
· Attend trade fairs and marketing events
· Maintain effective records on customer contacts
· Contribute to the design of new products and services
Competencies and personal qualities:
· Proven track record of customer acquisition and sales growth
· Experience with launching new products/brands or building up new markets
· Solid experience in selling consumer products to retailers
· Understanding of the needs of various retail channels, depending on type, size, location
· Ability to support in-store staff with training and visual marketing advise
· Ability to organise and plan own work; ability to work on own initiative
· Strong negotiation and presentation skills
· Good customer service: face-to-face, email, telephone; good written English
· Good computer skills (Office applications, web-based apps)
· Excited by the prospect of bringing a new, innovative product to the market
· Happy with the changing requirements of a small, growing organisation
· Prepared to travel across the UK and potentially in Europe
Desirable, but not required:
• Based in Oxford area
• Experience in optical retail
• Feel for marketing or visual merchandising
• Working level of another language (esp. German or French)
• Driving license
For more information please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org